Gốc > Mục:Tiếng Anh > Mục:Tiếng Anh 10 >
title:Unit 14 (10) Listening - ViOLET
sender:Ngân Phương Vy
Period 92 ~ UNIT 14 - LISTENING LISTENING 14
Warm-Up: WHO ARE THEY?
New Words: Listen And Repeat
1. goal-scorer: ||người ghi bàn thắng|| <= to score
2. hero: ||vị anh hùng ||
3. ambassador: ||viên đại sứ||
4. Brazil: ||nước Bra-zin|| => Brazilian
5. kicking: ||lối, cách đá bóng||
6. to retire: ||nghỉ hưu|| (=> retirement, (n.)
7. to lead (led-led): ||dẫn đến||
8. to promote: ||thúc đẩy||
9. championship: ||chức vô địch|| <= champion
10. to control: ||giữ, khống chế (bóng)|| LISTEN, REPEAT AND DEFINE THESE WORDS IN VIETNAMESE. WHILE LISTENING
..................................||joined a Brazilian football club||.
.................................||retired|| TASK 1. You will hear some information about Pelé, a famous Brazilian football player. Listen and complete the table below. Task 2:
1. What was Pelé famous for as a football player?
|||As a football player, Pele was famous for his powerful kicking||
||and controlling the ball||.
2. How many World Cups did he participate in?
||He participated in three World Cups.||
3. When did he leed the team to its first world club championship?
4. Where did he play football before he retired?
||He played for an American football club (for two years before he retired).||
5. What did Pelé do after his retirement?
||He became an international ambassador for the sport, working to promote
||peace and understanding through friendly sport activities||.
6. Why did he become a Brazilian national hero?
||Because he had scored 1,200 goals||. TASK 2. Listen again and answer the following questions. AFTER LISTENING
Pélé is considered one of the (1) ||greatest|| football players of all time.
He was born in 1940 in Brazil. As a football player, Pélé was (2) ||famous||
for his powerful kicking and controlling the ball. He joined a Brazilian
football club in 1956, and in 1962 he led the team to its first world club
(3) ||championship||. Pélé became the only player to participate in three
World Cups, in 1958, 1962, and 1970. By 1974, Pélé had (4) ||scored||
1,200 goals, and became a (5) ||Brazilian|| national hero. He played for
an American football club for two years before he (6) ||retired|| in 1977.
Later, Pélé became an (7) ||international|| ambassador for the sport,
working to promote (8) ||peace|| and understanding through friendly
sport activities. LISTEN AGAIN AND FILL IN THE MISSING WORDS. Homework:
HOMEWORK 1. Learn all the new words by heart.
2. Do the exercises again.